Thursday, February 12, 2009

Darwin vs Jesus: To the death! NO! TO THE PAIN...

-Hey dad, I really believe in Santa
-That's great, son.
-No, dad, I really believe in Santa.
-That's wonderful. The idea behind Santa is one we could all learn from.
-NO, dad, Santa is real and I believe in him.
-Uh, son, you're 23 years old...
-Dad, I believe in Santa and I'm gonna tell the world!!!
-Wow, son. Just wow.
-Dad, I think you should believe in Santa because he's real.
- Son, I really like the idea behind Santa, and I think that he might have been real at some point. The idea of charity he espouses is admirable, but hero worship is dangerous. The message is more important than the man.
-Dad, why are you discriminating against me? You're so mean! That is hateful rhetoric. I believe in Santa and want everyone else to as well. What's the big deal?
-The problem, son, is that he is not real. He is a composite of myths and folklore.
-You're going to hell, dad.
-You're a whack job, son.

No comments:

Post a Comment